Thursday


Red Sunday - Royal Fruit Salad

Strawberries are great for fruit saladsAs I promised in one of my previous posts, I'm going to share with you my favourite recipes that will add bright colors to your diet.

Let's start from Sunday, it'll be totally RED DAY which means that in every meal we'll add some Red ingredients.

For your breakfast I suggest to prepare a king of the diet food - Royal Fruit Salad! It's simple, healthy and very tasty.

Fruit Ingredients:
strawberries
bananas
apples
honeydew melon
kiwi fruit
any other fruit you like :)

All fruits should be fresh and sliced.
I won't give you exact quantities as I think everyone has his own preferencs.
If you're a big fan of strawberries (as I am), don't hesitate to make it the main component of the salad.

The secret of this recipe is in its dressing
You'll need for it:
juice of 2 limes
3 tablespoons of berry juice 2 teaspoons of chopped mint leaves

Toss together all the fruit ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine lime and berry juice, add mint and stir.
Cover with this dressing the fruits in a large bowl.

This Royal Fruit Salad can be easily made into filling breakfast by adding some plane nonfat yogurt and granola.

Enjoy your red & healthy breakfast!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Emma at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home